MIUI 9 Global Beta weekly update has been released for all supported devices. The new build (MIUI 9 Global Beta 8.1.18) includes fix for quick battery drain in phone idle mode, optimizes local storage to free up space, fix for full screen gestures, new feature for Mi Drop app and more. The update also brings Android 8.0 Oreo to Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi MIX 2.
MIUI 9 Global Beta 8.1.18 ROM Fastboot and Recovery ROM are now available for all supported deices (currently it is suspended for Redmi 4A). If the device is already running on the MIUI Global Beta ROM, you will get the new software update via OTA (over-the-air). Below is what is new in this update and download links for manual installation.
This build (MIUI 9 Global Beta 8.1.18) does not include any new major features. However, Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi Mix 2 owners can enjoy the brand new Android 8.0 Oreo and its awesome features by installing this build.
Changelog for MIUI 9 Global Beta 8.1.18:
– Optimizes local storage to free up space (for Gallery)
– Optimization for animation for the Back gesture on full screen devices, full screen gestures as an alternative for screen buttons, a separate guide for full screen gestures and fix for full screen gestures didn’t work properly after rebooting ( for full display devices)
– Fix for battery level is incorrect on status bar and battery is draining very fast when the device is in idle mode
– Fixes camera interface is not displayed correctly when the language is Arabic
– Fix for there are two ‘Security’ in Accessibility settings
– Fix for Line ANR when using Bluetooth headphone for Line calls
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.18 recovery and fastboot ROMs are available for all supported devices. If you are already on Global Beta ROM, then you can download the Recovery ROM and install manually.
If your device runs on other OS version or older MIUI ROM, you should download and install Fastboot ROM, which will also wipe data from the device.
How to Install MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM
1. Download MIUI 9 Global Beta 8.1.18 ROM (recovery/fastboot) for your phone from here.
2. Now follow this installation guide.
(Source – MIUI)