Huawei starts rolling out July Android security patch to both variants of Huawei P10 and Huawei P10 Plus in Europe and Asia (VTR-L09/VTR-L29 and VKY-L09/VKY-L29). The security update (patch level July 5, 2018) will improve the system security further.
The OTA update (B367 and B371) weighs around 108MB and as it is rolling out to users incrementally, it will take several days for all Huawei P10 and P10 Plus owners to see it.
If your Huawei P10 or P10 Plus (single SIM or dual SIM or VTR-L09/VTR-L29 and VKY-L09/ VKY-L29) is running on the most recent version of the OS, then check for the OTA update manually by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > check for the new firmware. If you cannot wait for the OTA, you can download and install full firmware manually.
The update changelog (188.8.131.527 and 184.108.40.2061) does not mention any major changes in this update, expect July 2018 security patch. However, it will also include general bug fixes for improved performance.
Comes to the manual installation, if you would like to install the update manually, backup data you have on the phone. Also, ensure at least 50% battery charge left on the phone.
Note: The below guide requires TWRP installed on the phone. Proceed with below steps at your own risk.
How to Install July Security Update on Huawei P10 and Huawei 10 Plus
1. Download latest version of stock firmware files for your device using Huawei Firmware Finder.
2. Transfer firmware files that you want to flash (for example, update.zip, update_all_hw.zip, update_data_public.zip) to a separate folder on sdcard
3. Download latest version of HuRUpdater zip file from the development page and save the zip file in the same folder where firmware zip files are saved.
4. Boot your phone into TWRP
5. In TWRP, select ‘Install’, navigate to the folder where HuRUpdater zip file is saved, select it and swipe at the bottom to flash.
6. This will install the stock Oreo update on your phone.
Note: After flashing firmware and doing factory reset, you need to flash TWRP recovery manually.