Sony starts rolling out Android 7.1.1 Nougat update to Xperia XZ and Xperia X Performance. Android 7.1.1 Nougat update is now available in many region including Europe, India, Russia and Switzerland. The update (build number 41.2.A.2.199) starts rolling out through OTA (over the air), which will reach on all devices within a week or more. Alternatively, experienced users can download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware (FTF file) and flash manually on Xperia XZ or Xperia X Performance.
Android 7.1.1 Nougat update (build number 41.2.A.2.199) includes various new features like app shortcut, latest Android security patches (April 2017), optimizations and general bug fixes. If you own Xperia XZ or Xperia X Performance and did not received the OTA notification, you can download and install the Android 7.1.1 update manually.
The full firmware file (FTF file) for Sony devices can be downloaded directly from Sony’s servers using the XperiFirm tool. Interested users can download the XperiaFirm tool from XDA [HERE] and download latest version of the FTF firmware file for your device. Do not forget to select correct device and region before downloading.
Alternatively, Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware file for Xperia XZ and Xperia X Performance can be downloaded from here.
How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Update Manually on Xperia Devices
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. The below guide is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Download Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware file (FTF) for Xperia XZ and X Performance [HERE]
2. Download latest version of Sony firmware Flashtool [HERE] and install it on your PC. It will create a folder named Flashtool in your C drive.
3. Enable USB Debugging option on your Xperia phone (Settings -> Developer Options -> USB debugging)
4. Copy the downloaded FTF file to the folder “Firmware” inside the Flashtool folder
5. Now, run the Flashtool, select the FTF file and press OK.
6. Turn off your phone and when Flashtool prompted to connect your device, connect your phone to the PC by pressing Volume Down button on the phone. This will connect the phone in flashmode.
7. Wait for until the update installs and then reboot your phone.
You have now successfully flashed Android 7.1.1 Nougat (build 41.2.A.2.199) firmware on your Xperia device. Enjoy! (Source)