The Xiaomi Mi A1 is now official with stock Android 7.1.2 Nougat, dual camera and Snapdragon 625 processor. The Android One Mi A1 will get monthly security updates, and also promises Android 8.0 Oreo update by December. Stock firmware for Mi A1 is now available for download. Here is how to download and install stock firmware on Xiaomi Mi A1 (codenamed tissot).
In certain situations you might want to install stock firmware on your Xiaomi Mi A1 manually. As you already know, Mi A1 is an Android One phone (runs on stock Android instead of MIUI ROM). The guide given below let you know how to unlock bootloader and install stock firmware on Xiaomi Mi A1.
Note that even though Xiaomi Mi A1 and Xiaomi Mi 5X are similar in hardware specs, do not install Mi A1 firmware on Mi 5X thinking to get stock UI. As Mi A1 uses a different partition system (A/B system used on Google Pixel devices), flashing the ROM will brick your Mi 5X.
Before installing stock ROM on Mi A1, its bootloader should be unlocked. You can unlock your device either via Mi Unlock tool or through command line. The latter requires ADB and fastboot driver set up on your PC.
Note: This guide assuming that you have ADB and proper fastboot driver set up on your Windows PC. (Refer this guide)
How to Unlock Bootloader and Install Stock Firmware on Xiaomi Mi A1
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. First unlock Mi A1 bootloader by going to Mi Unlock website. Alternatively, you can use command line. Connect your phone to your PC via USB Type-C cable. Then go to the ADB installation directory and issue the command ‘
adb reboot bootloader’.
2. Now, unlock your device bootloader by issuing the command ‘
fastboot oem unlock’. Your device is now unlocked. Now, download stock firmware (link below) and install it on your device.
4. Now, turn off the phone, press Volume Down + Power buttons together to enter into fastboot mode and then connect your phone to your PC.
5. Unzip the Mi Flash tool and run it.
6. Unzip the ROM zip file and copy its file path on the computer. Paste the file path into the address bar of Mi Flash tool. Click the ‘Refresh’ button and Mi Flash should automatically recognize the phone.
7. Now, click the ‘Flash’ button to install the stock firmware. Wait until the progress bar turns fully green. Once done your device will reboot.
Note: This process will wipe your device completely, so back up all data before proceeding with the installation. (Source – MIUI)