Euphoria OS is an AOSP ROM based on the latest version of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Its aim is to provide an “intense excitement and happiness with your device” and as an alternative to the more popular CyanogenMod, AOKP and other custom ROMs. In this guide, we will show you how to update your Moto G 2013 with Euphoria OS.
Moto G 2013 has already received Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update officially on certain parts of the world. However, if you like to have a custom ROM or not capable of receiving the official update on it, then you can try a custom ROM like Euphoria OS. It is based on the latest version of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
Euphoria OS currently supports Nexus and OnePlus One devices only. However, folks over at XDA community have compiled a stable version of the ROM for Moto G 2013 and this ROM brings Android 5.0.2 Lollipop to the device. In fact, there are still some bugs that are needed to be fixed, however the next update will fix the bugs.
– Buttons option cause force close of settings
– System ui fc on xt1033 (waiting logcat)
– Hot spot WiFi not working
– All the rest, it is supposed!
IMPORTANT: Back up everything (contacts, call logs, SMS, images, video, audio and other data) before installing the custom ROM. Also, DO NOT forget to make Nandroid back up from recovery.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we cannot take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Now, reboot your phone into recovery.
3. From recovery, create a Nandroid back up (save it on your PC); then wipe system, cache and dalvik cache.
4. Now, select install zip from sdcard option and flash ROM zip file and then Gapps zip file.
5. Once done with the installation process, navigate to ‘Go Back’ and reboot your phone.
Now, go to Settings -> select About phone to confirm the installation of Euphoria OS Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM. Enjoy!