The SlimROM team has released Android 5.0.2 Lollipop version of its ROM (SlimLP) for few devices including Moto X first generation. This is the first nightly build and includes many interesting features like RRO Layers support, ambient display (selected devices only), options for battery icon and text and more.
Today’s guide lets you know how to install SlimLP Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Rom on Moto X first generation. As its name suggest, SlimLP is a slimmed down version of AOSP ROM, but at the same time feature rich alternative to all other android operating systems.
Before you get start installing SlimLP ROM, do remember that currently this is an alpha build, which means it may contain several bugs that cause your device non-functioning. This build is recommended for experienced users only. Do not install it on a daily using phone.
How to Install SlimLP Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Rom on Moto X
WARNING: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
a) Unlocked bootloader and root access
b) Latest version of any custom recovery like TWRP or CWM with fastboot
c) Full system dump (Nandroid backup) created using the custom recovery. Flashing a new ROM will wipe all existing data from your device.
d) At least 70% of battery remaining
2. Boot your phone into custom recovery mode by holding Volume (-) and Power button together for some seconds.
3. Now, do a full system wipe (factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik cache and format system)
4. Once the full system wipe is done, go back to the main menu, select “Install Zip”, choose the ROM zip file and flash the ROM.
5. Also, flash Gapps, as described above (Use only Slim Gapps as there are problems with other Gapps)
6. Now, wipe cache and dalvik cache. This step is optional but recommended in order to avoid boot loops.
7. Finally, reboot your phone, setup and enjoy.
Keep in mind that SlimLP is currently a nightly build, which means the ROM is not completely stable. Most features are not added yet but they are to come in later releases. Only install if you understand what it is! (Source – SlimROM)