Google Messages app for Android has several built-in features for enhanced user experience. Message Reminder/Read Later is such a feature that helps you set reminders for important text messages that you need to read later again. If you receive several text messages (SMS) from various services in a day, recalling a particular text message among them will be a difficult task. In such cases, you can use the message reminder feature.
Google Messages (SMS) app lets you set reminders for any message you have received on your phone. What is more, you can enable reminders for several text messages and even set multiple reminders for the same message. And, you can choose from 1 hour to any day and month. So, you will not miss important messages you have received earlier.
Steps to Set Reminder for Messages on Android
- Launch the Google Messages app on your phone and choose a conversation.
- Long tap on the message that you want to set reminder/read later.
- Tap on the Clock icon that appears on the top menu bar.
- A pop-up window will open up with different time options to set a reminder.
- Select your desired time or choose the day and date from the available list.
- To set a particular date and time, tap on the Select date and time option and choose the day, date, and month in the calendar, and you are good to go.
That’s it. You have now successfully set a reminder for your important text message, so you don’t forget a text message that you want to read at a later time. Install the Google Messages app from Play Store (link) if your phone doesn’t have it.
- How to Fix ‘Can’t Connect to Messages for Web’ issue
- How to edit Quick Response Messages in Google Phone app
- Use Google Assistant to send audio messages to your WhatsApp contacts
- Get iOS 14’s SMS Filtering on Android