Xposed framework for Android 5.0/5.1 Lollipop has been officially released. Though still in alpha stage, the framework works on almost all Lollipop phones, except on Samsung and some Sony devices. In this quick tutorial, we will show you exactly how to install Xposed framework on Android 5/5.1 Lollipop devices.
Getting the installer up and running on your rooted device can be a bit of a difficult process, because installing framework on Android 5.0/5.1 Lollipop is slightly different than we did it on the previous version of Android.
Beginners may need to know about Xposed framework. It is a clever little app that lets you easily add various useful functions and change look of your phone via modules. For example, you can add multi-window feature, change IMEI number, enable always-expanded notification bar, add new Android features on older phones, etc.
How to Install Xposed Framework on Android 5/5.1 Lollipop Devices
Prerequisites: Your device must be rooted and custom recovery like TWRP installed. Backup every data on your phone. Also, make a nandroid backup before installing the framework. Because, this is an alpha build and if anything went wrong, the safest way to uninstall Xposed framework from your device is to restore a nandroid backup.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Download the Xposed Framework installer APK [HERE] and move it to your phone.
2. Download Xposed-v73-sdk zip file. It is available based on your device’s processor and Android version (5.0/5.1 Lollipop). So check your device processor (arm/arm 64/x86 Intel) and Android version, and then download the corresponding zip file [HERE]. Move the downloaded zip file to your phone.
3. Install the Xposed framework installer APK file just like a normal Android app.
4. Now, reboot your phone into TWRP custom recovery and tap on ‘Install’.
5. Select the downloaded Xposed-v73-sdk zip file (based on your processor and Android version) and swipe to install.
6. Once it has been completed, reboot your device.