CyanogenMod just released first nightly build of CyanogenMod 13 ROM for Xiaomi Mi3w and Mi4 that brings Android 6.0 Marshmallow to these devices. Also, because the CyanogenMod custom ROM is based on the AOSP (Android Open Source Project), you can experiance near stock interface on your device in place of Xiaomi’s MIUI.
CyanogenMod 13 Nightly (cancro) supports Xiaomi Mi3w (international variant) and Mi4. Added advantages of CyanogenMod 13 over stock Marshmallow are it is feature rich and fully customizable. It includes a variety of useful applications like DSP Manager, messaging app with secure features, etc. Also, you can customize your device with the built-in theme engine.
If you want to update your Mi3 and Mi4 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, you need to download the CM13 ROM and Google Apps and flash them using a custom recovery. Read on to know how to do that.
As always, we remind you that the status of the CM13 ROM is Nightly, which means the ROM is unstable and you may experience bugs while using it. For stable CM13, you should wait for the Snapshot release.
How to Install CyanogenMod 13 ROM on Xiaomi Mi3w and Mi4
Warning: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
Important: Backup any important file stored on your device before flashing the ROM. Also, do not forget to make a system backup from custom recovery.
1. Your phone should have root access and latest version of TWRP recovery installed (see details).
3. Boot your phone into TWRP recovery by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power key after switching off the phone.
4. In recovery, perform a full data wipe by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, wipe Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache.
5. Now, return to main recovery menu, choose “Install”, and find the CM13 ROM zip file you have transferred. Once the process is completed, install Gapps zip file also.
6. Finally reboot your device. It will take few minutes to complete the first boot.
Note: If you come across bootloop issue (stuck in boot), reboot to recovery (use Power and Volume up keys), and wipe cache partition, dalvik cache and factory reset.