Huawei starts rolling out Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to its P8 Lite in Europe. The OTA (over the air) updates file weighs 1.5GB that you can download and install manually on your Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L21). The most important changes in this update are greater control over app permissions, battery consumption optimization (Doze), and performance enhancements.
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA update for Huawei P8 Lite will be rolled out in phases, so it will take several days to get it on your device. If you cannot wait for the OTA update or facing network issues that prevent you installing the update, you can manually download and install the update right now.
In this guide, we show you how to update Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L21) to Android 6.0 Marshmallow manually by downloading the firmware. Firstly, check the availability of the new software by going to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check For Update. If update is found let it download and install. If you have any issue
downloading the firmware, you may follow the manual method given below.
Manually Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow update on Huawei P8 Lite
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding.
Important: the below mentioned file is for Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L21) sold in Poland only. Do not try it on other regions variants.
1. Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L21) [HERE] on your computer. (ALE-L21, Android 6.0, EMUI4.0, C432B560, Poland, Channel-Others)
2. Unzip the downloaded firmware zip file. Inside the extracted folder, you will see the ‘dload’ folder.
3. Connect your device to your PC and copy and save the ‘dload’ folder into the external microSD card.
4. Open the dialer on your device and dial the code:
5. In the menu list, select Project menu > Software upgrade > Sdcard upgrade > Ok
6. Your device will automatically reboot into the recovery and start flashing the update.
For your information, the Huawei P8 Lite was released last year. Running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, it comes with a 5-inch IPS display with 720×1280 pixels, powers by HiSilicon Kirin 620 processor, 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB), 2GB RAM, 13MP back camera (f/2.0 aperture and 27mm lens), 5MP front-snapper and a 2,200mAh battery.