Sony Mobile has started to roll out Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for a range of Xperia smartphones, which includes Xperia C3, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact. Currently, the update is available in some parts of the world. As the firmware is rolled out in phases, it will take few days to reach the OTA (over-the-air) notification on your device.
Tech-savvy users can manually install official Android 5.1.1 update on Xperia C3, Z1, Z1 Compact and Z Ultra without waiting for the OTA, but at their own risk. This update includes various performance enhancements, bug fixes, new features and most importantly patches for the Stagefright vulnerability found on Android.
The update also includes Camera improvements, many customization options, smart Wear integration, enhanced enterprise support, brand new LinkedIn integration, improvements in volume and silent mode control, richer Xperia themes, new settings menu icons, etc.
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Update on Xperia C3, Z1, Z Ultra & Z1 Compact
Warning: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We cannot take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only. Backup your data first and proceed.
Requirements: Xperia C3/Z1/Z1 Compact/Z Ultra drivers installed on your PC
1. Download the Flash tool zip file [HERE] and extract it. Then install the Flash tool on your computer.
3. Download Xperia C3, Z1, Z Ultra & Z1 Compact firmware ftf file for your region [HERE]
4. Copy the firmware .ftf file to the ‘Firmware’ folder, which will be created when you extracted the Flash Tool.
5. Open Flash Tool on your PC and click on Flash. It will ask you to connect your phone in flashmode. Power off your phone, hold Volume down button and then plug your USB cable in.
6. Wait for it to flash then disconnect your phone and reboot.
You have now updated your Xperia smartphone to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Leave your views in the comment section below (source – Xperiablog)