LG officially supports bootloader unlock for the LG V30 (H930/H930G), allowing development on the device. Owners of LG V30 H930 (Europe) and LG V30 H930G (Italy) can get bootloader unlock code from LG to unlock the bootloader of their device, but keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader will void your device’s warranty and wipe all data from it. Also, the process cannot be reversed (for warranty purpose).
Unlocked bootloader is a mandatory for installing TWRP custom recovery, getting root access, installing custom ROMs, customizing the device as per your needs, and do various other things. LG V30 is a recent flagship from LG. At present, the OEM supports bootloader unlock for European variant LG V30 only. However, other region V30 variants will also get support from LG in the future.
If you have enough reasons to unlock the bootloader on your LG V30, then check out the guide below. Note that the process is not as simple as with Google Pixel, Nexus or OnePlus devices. It requires few extra steps.
Also Read: How to Unlock LG G6 bootloader
Prerequisites for unlocking bootloader on LG V30 (H930/H930G)
Warning: Though LG officially lets you unlock LG V30’s bootloader, it will void your device’s warranty. Also, once done, you cannot go back to the previous state. Back up all data, you have on your phone before proceeding.
How to Unlock Bootloader of LG V30
Disclaimer: This guide is for advanced users only. We will not take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is for V30 (H930/H930G) only.
1. Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging on device. To do so, go to your phone Settings > About Phone > Software Info > tap Build Number multiple times to enable Developer Options. In Developer Options, enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
2. Now, create a LG developer account [HERE]
3. To unlock LG V30 bootloader, you need device ID and IMEI number. Dial *#06# and note down the IMEI number.
– To get device ID, connect your LG V30 to your PC, go to ADB installation folder and open a command window from there (shift + right click and select open command window here).
– In the command prompt, type ‘adb reboot bootloader’ and hit enter. It will boot your phone into fastboot mode. (If ADB does not detect your device, then try switching USB mode from Charging to MTP or PTP).
– Now, type the command ‘fastboot oem device-id’ and hit enter. This will return a character string as given below example with device ID:
4. To generate your unlock key, you need to paste together the 2 lines of output into one continuous string without “(bootloader)” or white spaces.
Example, the Device ID would be:
5. Now, go to LG developer website and log in with your account. Then, click the ‘Start Unlocking the Bootloader’ button.
6. In the page that opens, enter details, such as your name, email ID, IMEI number and device ID.
7. Click ‘Phone’ drop down menu and select, LG V30 from the list.
8. You will receive your Unlock key on your mail. Download the file and save it on ADB installation directory.
9. Now, while the device is still in fastboot mode and is connected to your PC, issue the below command:
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
unlock.bin is the bootloader unlock key you received in the email)
10. Now, issue the command ‘
fastboot reboot’ to reboot your phone
You have now successfully unlocked your LG V30 bootloader. Any question? Leave it in the comment. (Source –LG)