Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/4X owners can install the much awaited MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.8.8 ROM and experience all the features right now. Xiaomi is set to release MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.8.8 ROM for Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/Redmi Note 4X and Mi 6 on next Friday. Users run on latest MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM will get the MIUI 9 Beta update through OTA. Other users need to unlock the bootloader and flash via fastboot.
In this guide we show you how to download and install MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.8.8 on Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon variant. MIUI 9 Global Beta is based on Android 7.0 Nougat (NRD90M) and comes with July 2017 Android security patches. Below are main features of MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM.
Features of MIUI 9
– Multiple deep-level optimizations offers lag free working
– Fresh dynamic icons will always catch your eye.
– Faster and sleeker launch and exit process for apps.
– Improved and intuitive home screen editing.
– Split screen feature doubles your productivity.
– A more refined Silent mode triggered simply by pressing the volume button.
– Redesigned Messaging app with everything you need right on the start page.
Basically there are two methods to install MIUI 9 Beta Global ROM manually on your phone. First is flashing from Mi Recovery (OTA update), which is simple, but your device should be on latest MIUI 8 beta version.
The second method is via Fastboot, if your device runs on MIUI 8 stable version. This method requires unlocked bootloader and it will wipe your data.
How to Install MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.8.8 on Redmi Note 4/4X SD
2. Rename the downloaded MIUI Global Beta to update.zip and save it on your phone.
3. Turn off your phone and then press the Volume + button along with the power button to boot into Mi Recovery.
4. Navigate to update.zip file (use Vol up/down button and select it using power button).
5. Confirm the installation by selecting the Yes button. Once it is installed then selects the back button and then reboot.