In this tutorial, we show you how to get Google Pixel 2 UI on any Android phone with Nova Launcher. With Pixel 2 clock, weather and calendar widgets, dock search box, Pixel style round icons and Pixel 2 wallpaper you can bring exact Pixel 2 style to your phone. All you need Nova launcher and Zooper widget apps installed on the phone. No root access is required.
The just launched Google Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2 are come packed with top-tier hardware specs and new features. Google has also updated the Pixel Launcher on these devices with new dock search box (in place of dock apps) along with other refinements. Interested users can bring Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL look and feel on their device with the Nova launcher.
The notable changes in the updated Pixel launcher 2 are the new calendar, clock and weather widget and the placement of Google search box. The Google search box now moved from its historical top position down to the dock.
Follow below guide to know how to bring Google Pixel Launcher 2 style on any phone. However, note that the below guide requires Zooper widget pro (not the free version) to access new Pixel Zooper widgets.
1. Download [here] and install Nova launcher on your phone
2. Download [here] Zooper Widget and install it on your phone
3. Download [here] New Pixel Zooper widget and install it on your phone
4. Download Google Weather.zip [here] (source).
How to get Google Pixel 2 UI on Any Phone with Nova Launcher
1. Set Nova Launcher as your default Home app.
2. Open Nova settings > Apps & Widget > enable ‘Swipe to open’.
3. Nova Settings > Dock > and ‘Disable’ the option.
4. Nova Settings > Look & Feel > Adaptive Icon style > select ‘Round’.
5. Nova Settings > Desktop > Search bar style > select rounded search bar and logo style ‘G’.
6. Remove all dock apps icons and move the new search bar to the dock bar.
7. Nova Settings > Desktop > Desktop grid > select 9 Row x 6 Column.
8. Now, add required app icons above the search bar.
9. Now, move the downloaded ‘Google Weather.zip’ file to sdcard > ZooperWidget > IconSets. (to display weather icon)
10. Now, long press on the home screen, select Widget and add 5×2 Zooper widget to the homescreen.
11. Select ‘New pixel widget’, and then choose ‘New Pixel XL’ or ‘New Pixel’. If required, adjust the font size and other parameters in Zooper widget.
12. If you want Pixel 2 wallpaper, download it [here] and set it as your homescreen wallpaper. That’s it! Enjoy.
Note: If weather is showing like “??”, change the Weather provider in Global Preferences to yr.no. Also, select your email address in ‘Calendars to show’ menu. (Source – Reddit)