Elephone P9000 owners in Europe and Asia can now upgrade their device to Android 7.0 Nougat. The company just announced the official Nougat update for P9000 with new features, bug fixes and latest security patches, but unfortunately, the update will not be available via OTA. Users need to download and flash the Android 7.0 Nougat update manually. If you own Elephone P9000, here is where to download the Nougat update and how to flash it manually.
The Elephone P9000 was launched with Android 6.0 Marshmallow onboard. It powers a 1.8 GHz Helio P10 processor with 4GB of RAM and 32 GB internal storage. It also features 5.5-inch IPS display (1920 x 1080 pixels), 13MP back camera, 8MP front camera and a non-removable 3000-mAh battery. The Elephone P9000 is now available in India also at a reasonable price (Rs 11,999)
The Android 7.0 Nougat update mentioned here is for Elephone P9000 European and Asian version only. The update comes with latest android security patches (March 2017), updated kernel, various fixes, optimizations and new features.
As said above, users will not receive the Nougat update via OTA on P9000. Users need to flash the update manually. Check out the guide to know how to update your Elephone P9000 to Android 7.0 Nougat manually.
How to Install Android 7.0 Update on Elephone P9000
1. Unzip all the downloaded files using app like 7Zip
2. Install the driver file on your computer
3. Now, double click the SP Flash Tool exe file to run it and click the ‘Download’ tab.
4. Click the ‘Scatter-loading’ Button, browse and select the extracted firmware (scatter.txt) file, which you have already downloaded.
5. Make sure everything is checked. Click ‘Download’ and then connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
6. After completing the flashing process, a green tick will appear. Disconnect your phone from PC and enjoy.
Note: For complete guide with video, head over to here. (Source – elephone)