A plus point of Google device is that users can take advantages of custom ROMs and kernels very easily. For example, you can now give a new life to your good old Nexus 9 with the official LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM, based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. The popular custom ROM developer Lineage OS has released first nightly build of LOS 14.1 for Nexus 9 (code-named flounder) that you can download and install right now.
In the below guide we let you what are the requirements and how to flash LineageOS 14.1 on Nexus 9 (flounder). Besides Android 7.1.2 Nougat and LineageOS features, the LOS 14.1 build fixes many bugs found in the previous build and improves system performance. In addition, the update includes latest Android security patches for enhanced security.
Before start installing LOS 14.1 on Nexus 9, note that the status of the AOSP ROM is nightly. It means, the ROM is released for testing purpose and may include bugs that are not yet identified. However, previous experience shows that the nightly build is almost stable. If you are ready to face few issues, head over to the installation guide.
Prerequisites: To flash LOS 14.1 requires unlocked bootloader, latest version of TWRP recovery and root access on Nexus 9.
How to install LOS 14.1 Nexus 9
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only
2. Now, boot your tablet into TWRP (Switch off it, hold Volume Down + Power few seconds)
3. In TWRP, tap on ‘Backup’ and create Nandroid backup (recommended)
4. Now, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to main TWRP menu, select ‘Install’, navigate to LineageOS zip file and follow the on-screen
instruction to flash the package. Do not boot your device. Flash Gapps zip file in the same way.
6. Once installation has finished, go to main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Set up and enjoy LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat) on your Nexus 9. Leave your views in the comment section below.