Whether it falls out of your pocket in an unknown place or it is stolen from a public place, you and your smartphone are at risk. Many of us use the same phone for personal and business uses and access email and other sensitive information on the phone. Therefore, if it lost or stolen you should take immediate action to recover it or block it.
If yours is an Android phone, there are several recovery applications, such as Lookout Mobile Security, available to recover it. However, we can’t always rely on these apps alone. In such conditions, the only thing that we can do is blocking the phone immediately.
To block a phone, you should know its IMEI (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity) number and need to contact your service provider. However, if you don’t know the IMEI number of your phone, then how can you get it? Here is how to find out your lost Android phone’s IMEI number.
Follow below steps to get your lost Android phone’s IMEI number
– Login to your Gmail account on your PC (Gmail account that connected with your Android phone)
– Go to the link https://www.google.com/settings/dashboard and click “Android”
– You can see you phone’s IMEI number listed there.
Important Note: After purchasing a new Android phone, you can check your IMEI number at four places and note it down for future use.
– Check you purchase bill. It has the IMEI printed on it.
– Check the box of your mobile phone. It should have the IMEI printed.
– Look under your mobile phone’s battery. There should be a sticker printed with IMEI.
– You can also check by dialing *#06#. It show the IMEI on any mobile phone.
Hope the above information helpful to you.