The latest Android smartphones has a Portable or Mobile Hotspot feature. This feature lets you share your phone’s internet connection with other devices via Wi-Fi, USB, or Bluetooth. If you turn on the Wi-Fi hotspot on your phone and forget to turn off it, the battery will drain more quickly. Here’s how to automatically turn off Portable Hotspot on Android and save battery drain.
Android phones have an option to turn off Hotspot on its own when there are no connected devices. On most phones, the auto-turn off option is enabled by default, but on some devices, for example, Xiaomi phones and Samsung Galaxy, you may need to enable it manually. Also, sometimes you may disable the auto-close option by accident.
Here is how to turn off Portable Hotspot on its own on your Samsung Galaxy, Pixel and Xiaomi phone. After enabling the feature, your phone will disconnect the Hotspot after a few moments (after 10 to 15 minutes), if no device is connected to it.
Steps to Automatically Close Hotspot on Android
- Open Settings menu and tap on Network & Internet.
- Tap on Hotspot & Tethering and tap on Wifi hotspot
- Now, tap on ‘Turn off hotspot automatically’ option to enable it.
Depending on the device make and Android versions, the settings will be different on some devices. On Xiaomi phones running on MIUI, follow the steps below to turn on automatically close hotspot option.
Steps to Automatically Turn Off Hotspot on Xiaomi phones
- Open Settings menu > and tap on Portable hotspot.
- Now, tap on ‘Automatically close hotspot’ option to turn on the toggle.
If no device is connected to your phone’s hotspot, the portable hotspot will turn off automatically after a particular time (usually in between 10 to 15 minutes).
Steps to Turn off Mobile Hotspot on its own on Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Timeout settings, you can set your hotspot to automatically shut off if no one is using it.
- Open Settings > and choose Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
- Tap on Mobile Hotspot > and tap on the three-dots menu (at the top right of the screen)
- Tap on Timeout settings > and choose a desired timeout period.
Hope that this guide will help you set an auto-off function for portable hotspot on your Android phone.
More on the topic:
- Enables hotspot function that is hidden on some Android phones
- How to solve Hotspot Shield connection problem?