Airplane or flight mode on smartphones lets users switch off the phone’s radio functions, such as sending or receiving phone calls, text messages, etc., with a tap. Though the latest Android versions let you use a Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth in Aeroplane mode, you will not allow using mobile data while in Airplane mode.
Airplane mode or flight mode is a handy feature for some uses to turn off the radio functions of a smartphone, such as sleeping time, meetings, traveling, etc. However, if you want to keep Airplane mode on but still want to use mobile data, there is a simple trick on Android phones.
Here is how to enable mobile data in Airplane mode on an Android phone. Before getting started, note that this method turns on not just mobile data. It turns on all other radio functions, but your phone shows it is in Airplane mode.
How to Enable Mobile Data in Airplane Mode on Android?
1. First, turn on Airplane or Flight mode on your Android phone.
2. Now, open the phone dialer and dial the code
3. It will open a Testing page with the Phone Information option.
4. On some smartphones, you will see Phone Information 0 and 1 or 1 and 2. They are SIM 1 and SIM 2.
5. Select the SIM that has mobile data.
6. Next, enable the Mobile radio power option.
7. Now you can use mobile data, even if your phone is in Airplane mode.
If the above code does not work on your smartphone, for example, on Samsung Galaxy phones, follow the instructions below.
8. Install the 4G LTE Switcher 2 app from Play Store (link) on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
9. Launch the 4G LTE Switcher 2 app and tap the big green Phone Info button.
10. A pop-up window will appear. Tap on the Launch mode here button.
11. It will open the Phone information setting.
12. Enable the Mobile Radio Power and close the app.
13. You can now use mobile data on your Samsung Galaxy phone in Airplane mode.
That is all about how to use mobile data on your Android phone in Airplane mode. As said above, it will also enable you to make and receive phone calls and send messages, but your phone will show it is in Airplane mode.
- How to Turn Off Wireless Android Auto
- How to Treat Wi-Fi as Metered Connection on Android Device
- How to Enable Cough and Snore Detection Feature on Android Phone
- How to Hide Your Last Seen Status on Truecaller for Android and iOS