Huawei has already rolled out Android 7.0 Nougat based EMUI 5.0 update for many of its devices, including Huawei P9, Honor 8, etc. Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L09) owners in Europe can now enjoy EMUI 5.0 and Android Nougat. Huawei starts rolling out the EMUI 5.0 B580 Nougat update for Mate 8 NXT-L09 variant. If you have not already updated, here is how to update your Mate 8 to EMUI 5.0 manually by downloading the B580 Nougat firmware.
In this guide, we let you know how to update Huawei Mate 8 (NXT-L09) to Android 7.0 (EMUI 5.0) manually. As you may know, the manual update method requires some technical skill, so if you are an inexperienced user we recommend you to download Huawei’s HiCare app from Play store, which lets you install EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat on your Mate 8 without any trouble.
Huawei’s new Emotion UI 5.0 (Android 7.0) brings a brand new UI to the device. It is simple, smart and powerful. Users can also experience features like App twin, app drawer, smart notification, eye comfort mode and simplified gestures. The update also includes latest security patches and performance improvements. Read full changelog at here.
– Android version: 7.0 Nougat
– UI version: EMUI 5.0
– Firmware versions: B580
– Mate 8: NXT-L09
– Firmware: NXT-L09C432B580
– Region – Europe
– Status: – Official
– Size – 1.3 GB (Full firmware)
– Backup every data you have on the phone
– Check your device’s Model number (NXT-L09).
– Ensure at least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone.
Manually Install Android 7.0 (EMUI 5.0) on Mate 8 (NXT L09, Europe)
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
First Method (force update):
1. Download Mate 8 B380 update.zip file from here and unzip it (use 7Zip)
2. Create a ‘dload’ folder in the root of your phone’s SD card and copy and paste the ‘Update.app’ file in that folder.
3. Switch off the phone and press Power + Volume Down + Volume Up buttons together.
4. The phone will start updating the firmware. After rebooting enjoy EMUI 5.0 (Android 7.0 Nougat).
Second Method (manual update):
1. Download update_data_full_hw_eu.zip for Huawei Mate 8 from here and unzip the file.
2. Delete the old update.app from the ‘dload’ folder and copy all data including the update.app file from the unzipped file to the ‘dload’ folder.
3. Open dial pad and dial:
*#*# 2846579#*# *
4. Select Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade > confirm the installation.
5. The installation process will start automatically. After rebooting, enjoy EMUI 5.0 (Android 7.0).
Any question? Leave it in the comment section below. (Source – XDA)