Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 owners can now enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo and near stock UI with Resurrection Remix v6.0 OS. The development team has released the official RR-O-v6.0.0 for Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon variant (code-named mido). Chances for getting the MIUI based Oreo update on this device is rare, so the best way to get latest Android on this device is custom ROM like Resurrection Remix.
If you are interested to install the Oreo 8.1 based official RR-O-v6.0.0 on Redmi Note 4, then read on to know how to flash the custom ROM via TWRP recovery. The custom ROM offers Oreo’s native features along with several others features like full Substratum theme support, customizable navigation bar, various gestures, animations, and many more to enhance user experience.
Before jump into the installation process, do remember that the present status of RR-O-v6.0.0 is nightly, which means it is not fully stable. However, it can be used as a daily driver.
– Unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery on phone
– Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding
– Battery charge above 50% to prevent accidental shutdown while flashing
The installation procedure always requires custom recovery on your Redmi Note 4, better if TWRP. You will need to download the ROM zip file and the GApps zip package and flash via TWRP.
How to Install Resurrection Remix (RR-O-v6.0.0) on Redmi Note 4
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
1. Download official Resurrection Remix RR-O-v6.0.0.zip (mido) file from here
2. Download Android 8.1 compatible Gapps.zip file (arm64 version) from here.
3. Save both ROM and Gapps zip files on your phone’s storage.
4. Reboot Redmi Note 4 into TWRP (Hold Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously. Continue to hold both buttons until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release).
5. In TWRP recovery, select Backup, select all required partitions and create a backup (recommended).
6. Next, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
7. Next, select Install. Navigate and select the ROM .zip package.
8. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package. Once done, install Gapps zip file also.
9. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
If you face any password related issue while booting, just format data via TWRP. After rebooting, set up your new OS and enjoy! Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.