Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge has also got official LineageOS support. Recently the LineageOS team released LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S6, now it is also available for Galaxy S6 Edge Exynos variant. If you have installed a TWRP custom recovery on your S6 edge, then you can install everyone talks LineageOS 14.1 on it and enjoy features that the ROM offers.
Recently, Samsung rolled out January 2018 security update for Galaxy S6 Edge and the recent report shows that Samsung has a plan to release Android 8.0 Oreo based Experience 9 to Galaxy S6 and S6 edge. However, there is no hundred percent sure about it, as these are 3 year old devices.
Now, if you would like to install the popular LineageOS custom ROM on your device, then check the below guide. The present status of the ROM is ‘Nightly’, which means the ROM is almost stable and can be used as a daily driver.
– At least 50% battery charge remaining in your phone
– Latest version of TWRP recovery installed on your phone
How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge Exynos variant
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Reboot your phone into TWRP (Power off, press Volume Up + Home + Power buttons)
3. In TWRP, select Backup option, select all required partitions and create a backup.
4. Return to main TWRP menu, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, and data.
5. Now, select Install, locate the ROM zip file and swipe to install. Once it is finished, flash the GApps zip file as well.
After finishing the installation, boot your device, set up the new OS and enjoy. Leave your views in the comment section below.