Released last month, MIUI 9 is the next major OS update for Xiaomi’s devices. MIUI 9 Beta testing is now going on successfully for Mi 6 and Redmi Note 4/4 and now, MIUI 9 Beta testing starts for second batch of devices, which includes Mi 5, Redmi 4/4X and other 11 devices. Here is how to apply for the Beta program, eligible Redmi/Mi devices for second batch testing and application deadline.
If you are interested to test MIUI 9 in your device, then you can join for the Beta program before 14, August 2017. There is no region restriction. All owners of supported Mi/Redmi devices (list below) can apply for beta program. To join the MIUI 9 beta program, you should install Xiaomi MIUI Forum app on your device.
The second batch of devices that are eligible for MIUI 9 Beta testing includes the following: Xiaomi Mi MIX, Mi Note 2, Mi 5, Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus, Mi 5c, Mi Max 2, Mi Max 32G, Mi Max 64G/128G, Mi 4S, Mi 4c, Mi Note Pro, and Redmi 4X.
To participate in the MIUI 9 China Beta program, following prerequisites are required:
– Should have some knowledge about ROMs
– Willing to discuss with other members in both QQ Beta group and forum
– QQ is a must, no alternate app
– No region restriction
– Communication language English
1. To join the beta program, install Xiaomi MIUI Forum app from Play store here or downloading the APK from here. (do not forget to enable “unknown sources’ option in Settings menu to install APK file)
2. Open the app and on the homepage, select Recruitment.
3. Fill out your information as stated and tap on the Submit button.
You will get a forum PM after approval. That’s it. (Source – MIUI)