Finally, the original Moto X 2013 has received Android 6.0 Marshmallow update with official CyanogenMod 13 ROM. The CyanogenMod team just released a first Nightly build of CyanogenMod 13 (ghost) for Moto X 2013 that update the handset to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Interested users can install the ROM and enjoy Marshmallow’s native features along with CM features.
Today’s tutorial let you know how to update Moto X 2013 to Android 6.0 with official CyanogenMod 13 Nightly ROM. Before you get start, keep in mind that CM13 for Moto X 2013 (ghost) is a nightly build, which means the ROM is not completely stable. Though most things are working well, still there are a few problems remaining.
Important: Before installing CyanogenMod 13 on Moto X 2013, Do NOT forgets to back up your phone data.
How to Update Moto X 2013 to Android 6.0.1 with Official CyanogenMod 13 ROM
WARNING: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Install latest TWRP/CWM recovery on your Moto X 2013
3. Boot your Moto X 2013 into TWRP recovery mode by holding Volume (-) and Power button together for some seconds.
4. In TWRP recovery, select ‘Backup’ and backup your current ROM (recommended).
5. In TWRP recovery, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Clear data, Clear cache, Clear system.
6. Now, choose ‘Install’, locate the CM13 ROM zip file and swipe right to begin installing the ROM. Once done, flash the GApps zip file.
7. Now, select Wipe and wipe cache and dalvik cache to fix any bootloop issue.
8. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu and select Reboot, then System. The device will now boot into CyanogenMod 13.
The first boot will take few minutes. Once done, set up and enjoy CM13 (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) on your Moto X 2013. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below (Source)