Official Android 7.0 Nougat based OxygenOS update for OnePlus X is not yet confirmed. However, if you are exciting to try the latest Android Nougat on your handset right now, the developer team at CyanogenMod has released the first official CM14.1 nightly build for OnePlus X. CM14.1 brings Android 7.1 Nougat and its sweat features along with CM goodies to your budget flagship killer.
The below guide describes how to update OnePlus X to Android 7.1 Nougat via official CM14.1 nightly. Note that nightly builds are unfinished ROM, so it might include few bugs and issues. However, previous experience shows that the CyanogenMod nightly builds are usually reliable, if you are ready to face few issues.
Installing CyanogenMod 14.1 (onyx) on OnePlus X is a simple process, if your device is rooted and have latest version of TWRP recovery (version 3…) installed on it. Follow the detailed step-by-step guide on installing CM14.1 using TWRP custom recovery on OnePlus X.
Before start, backup every data you have on the phone on a safe location. Also, make sure your phone is fully charged.
How to Install CM14.1 on OnePlus X Using TWRP
Disclaimer: Follow the guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs. The guide is intended for technically talented users only.
1. Download latest build of CM14.1 (Nightly) for OnePlus X (onyx) from here and save it on your phone’s internal storage.
2. Boot you phone into TWRP recovery (with the device powered down, hold the Volume Down and Power buttons).
3. In TWRP recovery, select ‘Wipe’ and perform a factory reset, wipe data and the Dalvik cache. Do not use the ‘format data’ option, as it will format the internal storage and the ROM you just saved.
4. Now, in recovery tap ‘Install’, navigate and select the ROM zip file. Confirm the action by swiping the arrow to the left.
5. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu and reboot your phone. Once booted up, setup your device and enjoy Android 7.1 Nougat.
Troubleshooting: If you have come across bootloop issue (stuck in a bootloop) after installing CM14.1, reboot your OnePlus X into TWRP recovery mode, and then wipe cache partition and dalvik cache. (Source – CM)