There are various reasons for you to reinstall stock firmware on your Micromax Yu Yureka. For example, if you ran into problems like bootloop when tweaking your phone after rooting it, or after using few custom ROMs and you feel nostalgic about the stock firmware and its features, etc. Whatever the reasons will be, you can easily reinstall official firmware on Micromax Yu Yureka.
Micromax Yu Yureka, which is currently running on the CyanogeMod 11S (Android 4.4 KitKat) operating system, is a budget Android smartphone with great specs. It features a 5.5-inch (1280 x 720p) HD IPS display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 1.5GHz octa-core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot, 13MP rear and a 5MP front-facing camera.
This tutorial shows you where to download the official stock firmware for Micromax Yu Yureka and how to install it. This process will unroot your Yureka and keep the bootloader status of your device as it was. Also, it is very simple and can be useful if you have rooted your Micromax Yureka and later would like to return to stock firmware.
Important: This process will wipe your device, so backup every important file on your Yu Yureka. Also, before you get start, please note that you need to unlock the bootloader on your Micromax Yureka.
1. Setup adb and fastboot on your computer (Read this guide)
2. Boot your Micromax Yureka into fastboot mode. To do so, turn off your phone. Press the Volume Up key and at the same time connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
3. Now, open command prompt and issue the following command:
fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
You have now unlocked your Micromax Yureka bootloader
2. Unzip the flashtools zip file on your PC.
3. Unzip the stock firmware zip file and copy the contents to the same folder you have extracted the flashtools.
4. Now, turn off your phone. Press the Volume Up key and at the same time connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable. You should see the fastboot logo on your phone. If not, try it again.
5. Now, go to the folder where the flashtools and stock firmware are and run the “flash-all.bat” by double clicking on it.
6. A command window will open and start the flashing process (Do not disconnect your phone from PC). Once the process is completed, the command window will close automatically.
7. Disconnect your phone from PC and reboot it.
You have now reinstalled stock firmware on your Micromax Yu Yureka. If you have any query, leave it in the comment section below.