It seems that Huawei is starting to test the upcoming Android 7.0 Nougat on their devices. The official Android 7.0 Nougat beta build is now available for Huawei P9, which brings Huawei’s EMUI 5.0 and various new features. The last developer preview of Android Nougat was released a few days back for supported devices and the latest development reveals that Huawei will be one of the first OEMs to provide Android 7.0 Nougat update to their device.
It is expected that Google will release the stable build of Android 7.0 Nougat in September for Nexus and Android One devices. Non-Nexus devices like the Huawei P9 will get the update after it has been shipped to OEMs later this year. However, tech-savvy Huawei P9 users can tryout the official Android 7.0 Nougat Beta build right now on their device.
You can experience all the new features of Android Nougat, EMUI 5.0, and Huawei’s ROG power saving technology, multi-user mode as well as various other new features. However, note that since this is a beta build not all features will work as expected.
Below is the full changelog of Android 7.0 Nougat Beta build for Huawei P9
– EMUI 5.0, which optimizes camera, battery management & phone manager
– Multi-user mode, which allows you to share your device and apps while protecting your data and privacy
– Optimized the interactive gestures – enabling you to swipe left and right to switch between the mode and settings screens
– Huawei-developed ROG power saving technology for the first time, which decreases the screen resolution to save battery power
– Optimized the Phone Manager, which helps you manage your device more easily and conveniently
– Optimized battery management, which allows you to check the battery power and battery power consumption for any period within two days
– Optimized traffic management, which automatically add the traffic leftover from the previous month to the current month
– Optimized the Weather app. It can forecast weather for each hour including the probability of rainfall
– Includes third-party social networking apps, such as WhatsApp, eSpace, and Skype, in the contact details screen
– Optimized the networking speed when international roaming is on
– Optimized the registration time when the network connection is interrupted for environmental reasons
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding.
Note: To install the update your Huawei P9 should be running on the latest firmware version and untouched.
1. Download OTA update zip file (EMUI-EVA-C900B040SP11) from here and save it in the root directory of the internal storage or SD card
2. Open the dialer on your device and dial the code: *#*#2846579#*#*
3. In the menu list, select Project menu > Software upgrade > Sdcard upgrade > Ok
[Alternatively, you can bring up the update screen by holding power + both volume buttons while booting]