Oppo starts rolling out the Android Marshmallow update for its Selfie expert Oppo F1s. Released last year August, Oppo F1s is currently running on Android 5.1 Lollipop (ColorOS 3.0). The new update bring latest version of the ColorOS, Android 6.0 Marshmallow and its value added features to Oppo F1s. Marshmallow update is also available for Oppo R9 and Oppo R9 Plus with dual-SIM function with 4G+3G compatibility.
In the below guide we show you how to manually update Oppo F1s and Oppo R9/R9 Plus to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Before you get start, note that the best and safest method to update your Oppo F1s to latest firmware version via OTA (over-the-air) update. However, tech-savvy users can easily install the update manually. Check out the below guide.
The manual installation process requires at least 1.5GB free storage space on the phone or micro-SD card inserted. Also, your device should have 50 – 80% battery charge remaining.
Important: The installation process will wipe your phone, so backup every important data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps.
How to Install latest firmware on Oppo F1s manually
1. Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Opp F1s from here, for Oppo R9 from here and Oppo R9 Plus from here (source – Oppo). Save the downloaded file to root of your phone storage or SD card (not in any folder)
2. On your phone, go to Files > All files > (tap SD card if you have downloaded the package to SD card) > select the zip file > tap Update now.
3. Your phone will then reboot and start installation process. (Do not do anything on the phone or power off it during the process).
4. Once the process is completed, your phone will reboot and remain on the Oppo logo for 3 to 5 minutes (Do not power off the device)
5. Once the phone is fully booted up, set up your device and enjoy.