Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge is the latest flagship from Samsung. It comes packed with powerful hardware, so problems like freezing, unresponsive, slow down, etc. are very rare. However, sometimes it freezes or became unresponsive for no apparent reason or stuck in the welcome screen while tweaking the system. If you come across any of such issues, a factory reset or reinstalling stock firmware is the only solution.
The below guide lets you know how to factory reset Galaxy S7/S7 edge when it freezes or slow down and showing problems. Also, this guide explains how to flash stock firmware on Galaxy S7/S7 edge, when it stuck in a bootloop (welcome screen) or bricked while attempting to root or flash a custom ROM.
The below methods support all variants of Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) and Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935F) (International, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc.), but in case you want to reinstall firmware, download correct file from the link given.
To factory rest Galaxy S7/S7 edge when it freezes or became unresponsive, you need to boot into recovery mode by using the hardware key combinations.
1. Switch off the phone, then press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power/Lock buttons until you come to a installing software updates/warning screen.
2. Now, release the keys. In just a few seconds, your phone will go into recovery mode.
3. In the recovery menu, select “wipe data factory reset” option and perform the action. Once done, select reboot option to reboot your Galaxy S6.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Download Odin v.3.10.7 zip [HERE] file for installing the firmware. Unzip it and run the Odin exe file.
4. Reboot Galaxy S7 in to Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons together for few seconds.
5. Now, connect your phone to your PC. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin.
6. Select AP/PDA in Odin and choose the firmware file (with .tar extension) you have downloaded.
7. In Odin, make sure Re-partition is NOT ticked.
8. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes. Once the Pass message appeared in Odin, reboot your phone.