Rootless Pixel Launcher has been updated to version 3.0 with Android 8.1 Oreo features. This home screen replacement app is based on Google Pixel 2 Launcher and brings full features of Pixel 2 Launcher to any Android phone without root access. This launcher does not offer much customization options like Nova launcher, but it will definitely give a neat and clean look to any Android phone.
There are various way to get Google Pixel Launcher features on any Android phone (we have already written many articles regarding the same), but not all offers full features and involve various steps to achieve it. With Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.0, you can get the neat and elegant look of Google Pixel 2 on any phone, thanks to the developer Amir Zaidi for the port.
What is new in Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.0?
– Simple app suggestions based on the number of drawer clicks.
– Round icons from Android 7.1 Nougat are used when available.
– Support for icon packs with calendar icons that change with the date.
– The app filter hides icon packs from the app drawer when using one.
– There is a screen size profile for a 6×6 grid when the DPI is low.
– You can open and close notifications from anywhere on the home screen.
– There is a release link in the settings app when clicking About -> Version.
– Centered screen popup when left/right would go out of the screen.
– Remove the popup arrow when it is shifted to prevent clipping.
– Open the browser when using the search bar when the Google App is unavailable.
– Themes are hardcoded to look like the Pixel, for compatibility across OEMs.
– Resize all apps list when opening the keyboard.
– Use padding underneath the bottom search bar on devices without a navigation bar.
– Oreo only – Disabled adaptive icons for pre-Oreo apps, so you don’t get boxes inside of boxes.
Rootless Pixel Launcher does not require root access on the phone to be fully functional. If you are interested here is how to install latest version (3.0) of Rootless Pixel Launcher APK on your phone.
Note that the launcher is not available on Play store, so you need to manually install the APK file and make it default home launcher.
How to Install Rootless Pixel Launcher
1. Download latest version of Rootless Pixel launcher APK from here and save it on your phone.
2. Enable ‘Unknown Sources’ options in Settings menu, under ‘Security’ options.
3. Tap on the Rootless Pixel launcher APK to install it.
4. Go to Settings > Home app, choose Pixel launcher and reboot your phone.
Note that the Rootless Pixel Launcher may not work properly on every device. (Source)