Google Messages is a full-fledged SMS app for Android, and it has several features, including the new RCS (Rich Communication Services) for better communication. RCS is a new addition to the Messages app, and it lets users share better quality photos and videos, engage in group chats, and share reactions. But the RCS feature has also brought annoying visual ads to users.
Here is how to disable RCS messages ads in Google Messages app. Many companies start sending annoying visual ads to users via Google Messages using the RCS feature. Kotak Mahindra Bank, Bajaj Finserv, Buddy Loan, and PolicyBazaar are some of the top companies serving ads via Google Messages in India. There are a couple of ways to stop irritating ads in Google Messages.
Steps to Disable Annoying Visual Ads in Google Message
1. Turn off Chat Features in the Messages app:
If you do not want to use advanced chat features of Google Messages, turn it off to disable the ads. To do so, follow as given here.
- Open the Messages app and tap on the three vertical dots menu.
- Next, select Settings and tap on the General option.
- In the General settings, tap on the Enable chat features toggle to disable it.
2. Unsubscribe/Block Senders:
If you want to use the Google Messages Chat features, you can stop getting ads by unsubscribing or blocking senders. But it will not be a reliable method always.
- To unsubscribe, open the ad message, scroll down to the bottom, and you will see an Unsubscribe option. Tap on it and confirm the action.
- To block the sender, open the ad message and tap on the three vertical dots menu.
- Next, select Info & options menu and choose the Options tab.
- Now, choose the Report and block spam option to block the sender.
That is all about stopping ads targeting you on Google Messages app. You can also use apps like SMS Organizer as an alternative for the Google SMS app. This Microsoft Garage project offers the complete text messaging feature to every Android phone.
- Google Messages: How to Set Custom Notification Tone for Each SMS Sender
- How To Get iOS 14’s SMS Filtering on Android
- How to Send Text Messages (SMS) from Computer Using Your Phone Number
- Enable Message Reminder in Google Messages App
- Send Scheduled Text Messages on Google Messages