The MIUI team released MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.8.24 ROM for second batch of devices, which includes Xiaomi Mi 5, Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus, Redmi 4X, Mi Max, Mi Max 2 and Mi Note 2. If you are excited to try the brand new MIUI 9 on your device, you can download and install it right now. MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.8.24 (fastboot and recovery) is now available for all supported devices.
The MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM (Android 7.0/7.1Nougat) features Smart Assistant, Global image search, Smart app Launcher, Split Screen, Notification filter, Home screen customization, new themes and much more. Below are the full changelog of MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.8.24 ROM.
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.8.24 Full Changelog
– Mi Picks gets a new name and a new icon! Meet Apps! (new)
– Only Mi TV/Mi Box can be added/shown on Mi Remote app after the update (fix)
– Wallpaper Carousel couldn’t load online resources (a Play Store update was required) (fix)
– Redesigned home page (optimization)
You can install MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.8.24 ROM on all above said devices alongside the Xiaomi Mi 6 and Redmi Note 4X/Redmi Note 4 (Qualcomm).
– You can download Fastboot and Recovery for your device from here.
Note: to install Recovery image, your device should be running on MIUI 8 Global Beta version. Fastboot image require a factory reset on your phone, so back up data before proceeding.
1. Save the downloaded recovery image (link above) on your phone’s internal storage.
2. Launch the ‘Updater’ app on your phone. Tap the setting icon (3 dots) at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM zip file you have just saved on your phone.
3. The flashing process will start and this will take some time to finish.
Once the installation process is finished, your device should automatically boot to the new version.