Though developers are working on the newly launched Android 4.3 Jelly Bean to support non-Nexus phones such as Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, etc. it is yet to be released for such devices officially. However, if you own a Galaxy S2, S3, S4 or Note N700, you can now update your device to Android 4.3 using SuperNexus 3.0 firmware.
SuperNexus 3.0 bring pure Android 4.3 experience, like the Google Nexus devices, to users of non-Nexus devices such as Galaxy S2, S3, S4 and Note N700. This custom ROM has no difference from official ROM, except special optimizations necessary for ensuring compatibility with the hardware they run on.
Here is how to upgrade your Galaxy S2, S3, S4 and Note N700 to Android 4.3 using SuperNexus 3.0.
Custom Recovery (ClockworkMod Recovery is recommended) installed.
Disclaimer: This guide is for advanced users only. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. As always, make sure you are fully backed up your device.
– Copy downloaded Google Apps and SuperNexus 3 ROM into your internal SD Card
– Boot your Galaxy device into Recovery mode (use Volume up + Home + Power)
– From recovery, do a Data Wipe / Factory Reset (otherwise, your device will be stuck at boot)
– Flash SuperNexus 3 ROM
– Flash Google Apps’ package
– Reboot your device (It’ll take some time, be patient)
– Enjoy Vanilla Android experience, just like on Google’s Nexus devices!
Note: If your device stuck at boot, boot it into recovery mode and wipe data, dalvic cache and factory reset. Then reboot it.
Pages: 1 2