After successful beta testing, finally Huawei starts rolling out stable build of Android 7.0 Nougat (build B361) update for Huawei P9 (EVA-L09). The Nougat (B361) update brings brand new EMUI 5.0, new features and performance enhancements to P9. You can use Huawei’s HiCare app to download the update. Alternatively, you can manually install the Android 7.0 (EMUI 5.0) update on Huawei P9 EVA-L09 by downloading the firmware.
In this guide, we let you know how to update Huawei P9 (EVA-L09) to Android 7.0 (EMUI 5.0) manually. The manual method requires some technical skill. If you are an inexperienced user and did not received the EMUI 5.0 OTA update notification, it is recommend to download Huawei’s HiCare app from Play store, which lets you install EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat on your P9 without any trouble.
The Android 7.0 Nougat based Emotion UI 5.0 (EMUI 5.0) brings a brand new UI which is simple, smart and powerful. New features like App twin, app drawer, smart notification, eye comfort mode and simplified gestures will enhance user experience. It will also include improved system performance, customizations and ensures enhanced security for user privacy, mobile payment, communication, and app usage. Read full changelog here.
– Android version: 7.0 Nougat (16.Jan.2017)
– UI version: – EMUI 5.0
– Firmware versions: B361
– Huawei P9: – EVA-L09
– Firmware: – EVA-L09C432B361
– Cust: – C432
– Status: – Official
– Backup every data you have on the phone
– Check your device’s Model number (EVA-L09) and Cust version (C432).
– Ensure at least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
First Method (force update):
1. Download Android 7.0 (EVA-L09C432B361) update for P9 (single SIM variant) from here.
2. Unzip the downloaded zip file and copy the ‘dload’ folder to your phone’s SD card (do not put in any folder)
3. Switch off the phone and press Power + Volume Down + Volume Up buttons together.
4. The phone will start updating the firmware. After rebooting enjoy EMUI 5.0 (Android 7.0 Nougat).
Second Method (manual method)
1. Unzip the firmware and copy the ‘dload’ folder to phone’s root of SD card (not in any folder).
2. Open dial pad and dial: *#*# 2846579#*# *
3. Select Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade > confirm the installation.
4. The installation process will start automatically. After rebooting, enjoy EMUI 5.0 (Android 7.0). (Source – XDA)