Followed by Google, many OEMs are now started Beta testing latest Android OS version ahead of general release, for example, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Sony, Samsung, Huawei, etc. Now, Nokia has also started beta testing the latest Android 8.0 Oreo for its Nokia series devices. Interested Nokia 8 owners can join for the Oreo Beta testing program right now and help create the smoothest and purest Nokia phones experience.
Currently, Android Oreo beta program is available for Nokia 8 only. However, HMD Global has confirmed that other devices, such as Nokia 3, Nokia 5, and Nokia 6 will also get the beta update before the end of the year. If you are interested and want to help improve the upcoming software update, here is how to join for the Nokia 8 Android 8.0 Oreo beta program.
Android 8.0 Oreo Beta update brings many new features to Nokia 8, like Picture-in-Picture mode, notification dots, and other Oreo goodies alongside October 2017 security patches. Below is full changelog of Android 8.0 Oreo Beta (v4.35D).
– Picture-in-Picture mode
– Notification Dots
– Google Play protect security scan
– Auto-fill passwords
– Faster boot up
– October 2017 security patches
Interested Nokia 8 owners can now participate in the Android 8.0 Oreo Beat program. However, users should have some knowledge on Android OS. Here is how it is.
1. Go to Nokia BetaLabs [here] and sign up for a membership.
2. You can use your Facebook, Google+ or your email address for sign-up.
3. After sign-in, input your device’s IMEI number (Get it by going to Settings > About Phone > Status > IMEI Information).
4. Now, enter Network Operator (Get it by going to Settings > About Phone > Status > SIM Status > Network)
5. Accept the beta software license terms and register for beta labs.
6. Once your application is approved, you will receive the Android 8.0 Oreo Beta via OTA (over-the-air).
Note that before installing the Android 8.0 Oreo Beta, users should back up all important data they have on the phone. Also, it is beta version of the OS, so you may experience instability. (Source)