CWM and TWRP custom recoveries have several advancements over the stock recovery on Android phones. The stock recovery is very basic and has few functions like resetting an Android phone when it may be impossible to boot into it. Custom recoveries such as CWM and TWRP has advanced features such as option for making a full system backup (Nandroid backup), flashing custom ROMs, Fixing Permissions, etc. though the device need to be rooted or have unlocked bootloader.
For your information, every Android device has a recovery mode, which can be accessed via hardware key combinations (Vol + Power/ Vol + Home/Vol + Power + Menu). From recovery mode, we can do several administrative level tasks such as flash ROMs/kernel/mods, wipe data, make nandroid backup, factory reset and more.
Wishing to have a custom recovery on your device? Here is an easiest way to find and install correct CWM or TWRP recovery image for your device using a simple app called RecoverX.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
1. Your device must be rooted or Bootloader unlocked.
2. BusyBox app must be installed.
3. Your device must be listed in the compatibility list of RecoverX. See supported device list here.
1. Install RecoverX from Play Store on your device. Once the installation completed, run the app.
2. If prompted for Super User permission, Grant it.
3. On the app’s screen, tap on Let’s Start.
4. Choose your OEM and then select your device.
5. Now, choose CWM or TWRP recoveries (both are equally good)
6. Let the app to complete the installation process for the chosen recovery.
7. Once installed, boot into recovery and check whether the installation is successful or not.
Now you have successfully installed CWM or TWRP Custom Recovery on your phone. Leave your views in the comment section below. (source)