HTC U11 Life is the latest handset and it is available in two variants – runs on HTC’s Sense 9 skin and runs on stock Android (Android One). If you bought HTC U11 Life Sense variant and looking for manually installing stock firmware (RUU file) on it, then read on to know how it is. Software version RUU 2.15.617.2, based on Android 8.0 Oreo is now available for download, which you can flash on your unlocked HTC U11 Life manually.
HTC U11 Life with Sense update build 2.15.617.2 includes Android 8.0 (Oreo) update, system enhancements and November 2017 Android Security Updates. If you have not received the OTA, or unable to download the OTA update file (due to network issue), then you can install the update manually via USB connection to a PC.
In this tutorial, we show you how to install stock RUU firmware 2.15.617.2 on HTC U11 Life. Note that restoring stock firmware on HTC devices is not a simple process like installing APKs or applying OTA update. Extreme care should be needed; otherwise, you will end up with non-booting device.
Also Read: How to restore stock firmware on HTC U11
Before start, note that two types of RUU files (ROM Update Utility) is available for HTC U11 Life – RUU.exe file and RUU.zip file. Both files are given below.
HTC U11 Life RUU.exe (build 2.15.617.2) [here]
HTC U11 Life RUU.zip (build 2.15.617.2) [here]
Keep in mind that performing the system update manually will delete all information from the device. Ensure all information is backed up before proceeding.
How to Install Stock Firmware (RUU file) on HTC U11 Life
First, enable USB debugging by going to Settings > About Phone > Software > Tap Build Number 7 times to enable Developer Options. Then go back to Developer Options, and turn on USB debugging. Now follow below guide.
First Method (RUU.exe)
1. Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable. If your device is not recognized, install HTC Sync Manager (download).
2. Now, double-click on RUU.exe file to launch the System Update wizard. And follow all the update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
3. Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot.
Note: If the ROM update wizard does not recognized your device, follow the steps below.
1. Switch off the phone, press Volume Down and then switch on the phone. It will boot your device into download mode.
2. Now, connect your phone to your PC and attempt the ROM update again. Once done, reboot your phone.
Second Method (RUU.zip)
1. Download RUU zip file [link above] to your PC and rename it to ‘2Q3FIMG.zip’.
2. Save the renamed zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
3. Disconnect your phone from your PC, turn off it, and press Power + Volume Up buttons to boot in to Download Mode.
4. Press Volume up button to start flashing and wait for it to finish.