Official LineageOS 15.1 has been released for three more devices. Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus, Galaxy S5 LTE-A, OPPO Find 7/Find 7a are the new devices that get the official LineageOS 15.1 support. Yesterday, the development team released the same build for the OnePlus One. Read on to know the installation instruction.
Lineage OS (former CyanogenMod) is one of the most popular custom ROMs available today and it supports a wide range of devices. The latest build LineageOS 15.1 bring Android 8.1 Oreo and several new features and customizations to users, alongside latest security patch (June 2018).
Owners of Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus, Galaxy S5 LTE-A, OPPO Find 7 and Find 7a can download LineageOS 15.1 from the official website and flash the zip file via custom recovery like TWRP. Below is the installation instruction.
Before jump into the installation, keep in mind that the status of LineageOS 15.1 is nightly, which means the ROM is not yet fully ready to be used as a daily driver. However, experience shows that the ROM is almost stable, but not free from few issues.
Don’t miss: More posts related to LineageOS
a) Unlocked bootloader
b) Latest version of any custom recovery like TWRP with fastboot
c) At least 70% of battery remaining on the phone
How to Install LineageOS
1. Download latest LineageOS zip file for your device from above links.
2. Also, download Oreo 8.1 based Gapps zip file from here.
3. Save both LineageOS zip file and Gapps zip file on your phone.
4. Boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode
5. Wipe cache, dalvik cache and format system by selecting Wipe option.
6. Now, select ‘Install’ and flash ROM zip file. Again, select ‘Install’ and flash Gapps.zip file
7. Finally, reboot your phone.
After rebooting, setup and enjoy your new ROM. Any question regarding the installation guide, let us know in the comment section below.