The most popular custom ROM developer team has released LineageOS 14.1 for a new set of devices, which includes OnePlus 5, LG G6, Redmi Note 4, and Sony Xperia L. The open-sourced LineageOS 14.1 is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat and offers various usability features alongside Android 7.1.2 features. Custom ROM fans can download install the ROM from LineageOS download repository.
The present status of LineageOS 14.1 for the given devices is nightly, so minor bugs are expected. However, previous experience shows that these bugs are not serious. If you are ready to face few issues, then you can install the ROM right away and experience the custom ROM.
For your information, Lineage also starting to build LineageOS 15 based on Android 8.0 Oreo for the supported devices. Owners of popular devices like OnePlus, LG, Samsung, Nexus, Pixel, etc. can expect LineageOS 15 in the coming days.
LineageOS 14.1 bring latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat, features like multi-window mode, enhanced notification system, data saver mode, one-handed mode, better battery life, latest security patches and alongside LineageOS native features like night mode, Jelly browser, etc.
Downloads LineageOS 14.1 for the following device:
Note: As you all know, for installing custom ROM on an Android phone requires unlocked bootloader and custom recovery like TWRP. Find it in previous posts.
How to Install official LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2)
1. Download LineageOS 14.1 build from above link and save it on your device.
2. Download Gapps zip file from here and save it on your phone.
3. Boot your phone into TWRP, select Backup and create a Nandroid backup (recommended).
4. Now, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to return to main menu, then select Install. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package. Once done, install Gapps zip file also.
7. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.