LG G6 has got official LineageOS support. The development team has released LineageOS 14.1 for both unlocked US and EuropeanLG G6 variants. If you would like deep customization on your device, then you can download and install the LOS 14.1 custom ROM right away. The open-sourced LineageOS 14.1 is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat and offers various usability features alongside Android 7.1.2 features.
LG G6 is the recent flagship and comes with features like Full Vision display. However, if you love LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM and want to install it on your device, then check out the guide below. Since official TWRP custom recovery is available for both LG G6 variants, installing LOS 14.1 is not a big problem.
Before start note that, the present status of LineageOS 14.1 for LG G6 is nightly, so minor bugs are expected. However, previous experience shows that these bugs are not serious. If you are ready to face few issues, then you can install the ROM right away and experience all the features.
LineageOS 14.1 bring latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat, features like multi-window mode, enhanced notification system, data saver mode, one-handed mode, better battery life, latest security patches and alongside LineageOS native features like night mode, Jelly browser, etc.
Prerequisites: Before installing custom ROM, backup every data you have on the phone. Also, ensure at least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone.
Note: As you all know, for installing custom ROM on an Android phone requires unlocked bootloader and custom recovery like TWRP. Find it in previous posts.
How to Install official LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) LG G6
Disclaimer: This guide is for advanced users only. We will not take responsibility for anything that goes wrong.
1. Save the downloaded ROM zip file and Gapps zip file on your phone’s storage.
2. Boot your phone into TWRP (to do so, hold Volume Down & Power buttons till LG logo appears, then release Power button for 1 sec and hold it again till recovery comes up)
3. In TWRP recovery, select Backup and create a Nandroid backup (recommended).
4. Now, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to return to main menu, then select Install. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package. Once done, install Gapps zip file also.
7. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.