Xiaomi Mi3 users can now enjoy Android 5.0.2 Lollipop by installing unofficial CyanogenMod 12 ROM on their device. This unofficial CM12 ROM for Mi3 is almost bug free, except few problems with Bluetooth connectivity, NFC, camcoder and USB-OTG. Mi3 has great hardware specs, which means the device is more than capable of running Android 5.0 Lollipop smoothly.
If you want to install CyanogenMod 12 (Android 5.0.2 Lollipop) on your Xiaomi Mi3 phone, checkout the following installation guides. However, please note that the CyanogenMod 12 ROM for Xiaomi Mi3 is not an official build and is under development, which means it is not yet ready to be used as a daily driver.
Xiaomi is fast becoming one of the most popular Android smartphone manufacturers in the world and have sold millions of devices globally, but their negative mind to publish source code for kernels makes it difficult to create custom kernel for third-party Android developers. However, a group of XDA Forum members has successfully created an almost stable build of CyanogenMod 12 ROM for Mi3.
Install CyanogenMod 12 (Android 5.0.2 Lollipop) on Xiaomi Mi3
WARNING: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
Important Note: As always, backup any important file stored on your device before flashing the ROM. Also, do not forget to make Nandroid backup from custom recovery.
1. Your Mi3 is rooted, bootloader unlocked and installed latest CWM or TWRP custom recovery.
2. Enable USB debugging (Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging)
3. Correct USB driver for Mi3 is installed on your PC
1. Download [HERE] CyanogenMod 12 ROM zip file and transfer it to your phone’s SD card. Then disconnect your phone from your PC.
2. Now, turn off your phone and boot it into custom recovery mode by pressing and holding Vol Up and Power buttons together.
3. In recovery, perform a full data wipe by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Note: Use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power button to select an option.
4. Also, wipe Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache. This will fix any boot loop issues.
5. Now, return to main recovery menu, choose “Install Zip from SD card”, then select “Choose Zip from SD card”, select the ROM zip file stored in the root of SD card and start installation.
Note: If you want to flash Gapps, repeat step 5.
6. Once the installation process is completed, go back to main recovery menu and select Reboot System Now. The phone will now reboot.
Note: The first boot may take more time (at least 5 minutes) to complete.
Enjoy latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xiaomi Mi3. Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source)