Google recently rolled out Android N OTA (over the air) update for Nexus owners who applied to the Android Beta Program, but unfortunately many users have facing bootloop issue (stuck in Google boot logo) after applying the OTA update. If your Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 6 or Nexus 9 does not start up after the update is installed, here is how to recover your device.
In this guide, we show you how to fix Android N bootloop issue (startup problem) on Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 6 and Nexus 9. The process does not need unlocked bootloader. Just need to download the Android N OTA update file and sideload it on your Nexus device.
Before starting to sideload the Android N OTA update on Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 6 and Nexus 9, make sure you have a working ADB on your computer (You can use 10 seconds ADB installer for this method) and proper USB drivers installed on the computer (Read this guide to install proper driver for your device).
How to flash Android N OTA Update Manually and Fix Startup Issue
2. Rename the downloaded zip file to ‘update.zip’ and then move the file in the ADB installation directory (usually it will be at C -> Users ->User – ADB).
3. Power off the Nexus and boot it into Recovery mode (Press and hold Power and Volume down buttons together, then select ‘Recovery mode’ and confirm it by Power button. When an exclamation mark appears, press Power button and then press Volume down or up button)
4. In recovery, select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option (use volume button for selection and use power button to confirm) and perform the action.
5. Once factory reset is completed, select ‘Apply update from ADB’ in recovery.
6. Connect your device to PC via USB Cable.
7. Go to the ADB folder (where you have placed the update zip file) and launch a command prompt window there (Press Shift key, right click and choose ‘open command prompt window here’)
8. In the command prompt, issue the below command:
[It should list your device in the command prompt. If not, it means fastboot drivers not installed on your computer. Install and proceed)
9. If your device is listed, continue the next step. Type the below command in the command prompt and press enter key:
adb sideload update.zip
10. Wait for all the files to be installed. Once done, reboot the phone by selecting ‘Reboot system now’ in your phone.
For any extra help, leave them in the comment section below (Source – Google)