The next version of Android OS has been officially confirmed as Android Nougat. Google revealed the name for Android N on Twitter earlier today and the stable build of Android 7.0 Nougat will be rolled out this autumn along with next generation Nexus devices. If you are looking for this new OS, you might want to know which devices are likely to get Android Nougat update.
Some smartphone manufactures have already revealed Android Nougat update, such as HTC and Motorola. Of course, not all devices are cable of receiving Android Nougat update, due to hardware limitations and other reasons. However, we round up devices that are likely to get treated this new OS.
Note: Google not yet revealed the OS version number. However, Android Nougat most likely will be Android 7.0, as it comes with lot of new features and changes.
1. Google Phones: Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9, Nexus 6, General Mobile 4G (Android One) will definitely get Android Nougat update.
2. Motorola phones: Moto G4 Plus, Mote G4 2016 & Moto Z will get the update. Moto X Play and Moto X Style probably will get the update
3. Samsung Phones: Current flagship, such as Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge and the Note 5 will get the update.
4. HTC Phones: Newest phones, such as HTC 10, HTC One M9 and HTC One A9 might receive the Android 7.0 update after it has been shipped to OEMs later this year.
5. Sony phones: Sony Xperia Z5, Z4, and Z3 devices will receive the update.
7. OnePlus: Current flagship Oneplus 3 (both Oxygen OS & Hydrogen OS) will get the new OS update in the future.
Android Nougat comes with a handful of new features. Multi-window, Direct reply notifications, Google Assistant, Clear All, Improved file browser, Improved Doze, Instant Apps, Seamless software updates, App switch, VR mode, bundled notifications, Data saver, Extra power efficiency, new emojis, etc. are some of the new features of Android 7.0 Nougat
Note: I know the above list is incomplete. The above list is my opinion and put together based on various information available from the Internet and my previous experience.