OnePlus starts rolling out OxygenOS 3.2.0 update to OnePlus 3 with new features, performance improvements in many areas and bug fixes. The over-the-air (OTA) update will take few days to get on your device. If you have not received the OxygenOS 3.2.0 OTA update, you can manually install the update on your OnePlus 3.
In this guide, we show you how to install OxygenOS 3.2.0 update on OnePlus 3 manually. The guide supports both rooted and non-rooted OnePlus 3. The new update bring sRGB mode (which reproduces more accurate color), better RAM management (fixes the app clear issue in memory), better audio playback quality, enhanced camera quality, improved GPS performance, latest Android security patches and many bug fixes to the device.
If your OnePlus 3 is running on the latest OxygenOS and unrooted, you just need to download only 396MB OTA zip file and sideload it via ADB. If your OnePlus 3 is rooted, you need to download the full OxygenOS 3.2.0 firmware (weigh 1.2GB) and install it via TWRP recovery.
The below method requires ADB and fastboot drivers installed on your PC. Read this guide for details.
Install OxygenOS 3.2.0 OTA update on OnePlus 3 Manually
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
1. Download the Oxygen OS 3.2.0 OTA zip file (396MB) [HERE] on your computer. Rename it to ‘
oxygenos.zip’ and save it in the ADB installation folder.
2. On your OnePlus 3, enable USB Debugging in Developer Options (Go to Settings > About Phone and tap on Build Number 7 times to enable the Developer Options).
3. Now, boot your phone into Recover mode. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > enable Advanced Reboot. Then long press on the Power button > Reboot > Recovery. Then connect your OnePlus 3 to your PC via a USB cable.
4. Now, on your PC, go to ADB installation folder, open a command window there and issue the below command:
adb sideload oxygenos.zip
Once the installation process finished, reboot your phone. Note that the first boot will take 5-10 minutes.
How to Install OxygenOS 3.2.0 on a Rooted OnePlus 3
1. Download OxygenOS 3.2.0 full firmware (1.2GB) [HERE] and save it on internal storage of your phone.
2. Boot your phone into TWRP recovery (to do so, turn off the phone off then press and hold volume down + power buttons)
3. Tap on “Install” and select the OxygenOS 3.2.0 zip file that you transferred to your device.
4. Wait until the flash is complete and then select reboot to your phone.
The first boot will take 5-10 minutes. If you have any question, leave it in the comment section below. (Source – OnePlus)