LeTV has updated Le Eco Le 1S to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The new update brings various new features and optimizations to the handset like optimized system energy consumption, new permission management, Do Not Disturb, App Lock, Dolby Atmos feature, private message feature, June Android security patches, and many more. The OTA update for the Marshmallow update (eUI 5.8.017s) has already started for Le Eco Le 1S.
If you have not updated your Le 1S or Le 1s Eco to Android 6.0 Marshmallow (eUI 5.8.017s) yet, or not received the OTA (over the air) update for some reason, follow the steps below to update your device manually. Before start, see full changelog of the new update (eUI 5.8.017s) here.
In this guide, we show you how to update Le Eco Le 1S to Android 6.0 Marshmallow (version 5.8.017S) manually. Please note that, before upgrading to EUI5.8.017S Marshmallow, your phone should be upgraded to EUI 5.5.014S Lollipop.
1. Back up every data you have on the phone before proceeding.
2. Full battery charge your phone or connect it to a charger to avoid any break down during the installation process.
3. You have at least 2GB free space on your phone before upgrading
How to Update Le Eco Le 1S to Android 6.0 Marshmallow Manually
2. Once done, download Le Eco Le 1S Marshmallow update file [HERE] (1.3GB) on your PC and rename the zip file as “update”
3. Connect your Le Eco Le 1S to PC via USB type C cable. Then, open My computer > click Le1s > Phone storage.
4. Copy and paste the downloaded “update.zip” file to the root of the directory (not inside a folder) and then disconnect your phone from your computer.
5. Now, on unlock your phone tap System update > Settings (3 vertical dots on the top right corner) > Local update > Continue.
6. The update process should start. It will take 7 to 10 minutes to complete the update. After updating done, your phone will reboot automatically. (Source )