Lenovo K5 Plus owners can now update their handset to Android 8.0 Oreo via unofficial LineageOS 15 (LOS 15) custom ROM. An early build of LineageOS 15 is now available for Vibe K5 Plus that let you experience Android 8 Oreo features on the device. Read on to know the installation procedure, and prerequisites for installing unofficial LineageOS 15 on Lenovo K5 Plus.
LineageOS 15 (unofficial) for Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus is an initial Alpha build. The ROM is unstable, some features are missing and includes several bugs that are not yet identified. Many things are not working, such as Bluetooth, VOLTE, Wi-Fi, camera, Data and Selinux Permissive, so the ROM is not yet ready to be used as a daily driver.
However, tech-savvy users can experience Android Oreo right now on their Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus. To get this build on your Lenovo K5 Plus follow the steps below.
This guide assumes that you have latest version of TWRP recovery installed on your Lenovo K5 Plus.
1. This ROM is for Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus (A6020a46), so do not try it on any other device.
2. At least 70% battery charge remaining on the phone.
3. Make backup of all important data you have on the device.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. This is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Download LOS 15 Patch [HERE]
4. Transfer all zip files to your phone’s storage.
5. Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode (Switch off, press and hold Volume down & Power button together).
6. In TWRP recovery, select ‘Backup’ and make a Nandroid backup (recommended)
7. Now, select ‘Wipe’ and then go to Advanced Wipe > select wipe cache, dalvik cache, system, data and swipe right to confirm it.
8. Now, go to main recovery menu, select ‘Install’, choose the ROM zip file and swipe to install it. Once done, choose Patch zip file and swipe to flash. Finally, select Gapps zip file and swipe to install it.
9. Once again choose ‘Wipe’, wipe cache, dalvik cache, and then reboot your device.
Your Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus will boot into LineageOS 15 (Android 8.0 Oreo). Setup and enjoy. Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source – subha785)