To unlock a device, back up, flash firmware, unbrick a bricked device, install a custom recovery or simply test an app on your Android device requires the ADB and fastboot drivers for your computer. The easiest way to install it on a Windows PC is to download and install the Minimal ADB and fastboot drivers. It weighs just 9MB and installs ADB and fastboot drivers, which is enough for most purposes.
In this tutorial, we show you the simplest and proper way to install ADB and Fastboot drivers on a Windows PC. It supports almost all Android devices such as Nexus, Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, OnePlus, etc. If you are experiencing trouble connecting your Android phone or tablet to your Windows PC over ADB (like not detecting the device), this guide is for you.
We already have many articles on how to setup the ADB and Fastboot drivers on Windows PC, but many users are still facing several issues like PC not detecting their phone. This guide may help you to setup ADB and fastboot drivers properly on your Windows PC.
1. Download the 15-second adb/fastboot installer [HERE] and run the exe file on your windows PC.
2. Press Y (yes) to install ADB and Fastboot
3. Press Y (yes) to install ADB system-wide or press N (no) for Current user only
4. Press Y (yes) to install Drivers
5. Continue Driver installation
6. Once completed, you will see fastboot/adb folder at
C:\adb if selected system wide or at
C:\user\user name\adb if selected current user
[The next step is important, as it will let you install ADB driver for your Android phone. If you have not configured it properly, you will not be able to use ADB commands. Follow as described below]
1. Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do so, go to Settings > About phone > tab build number several time to enable Developer Options. Go back to the Settings menu and in Developer options enable USB Debugging/ Android Debugging.
2. Now, connect your phone to your PC via a USB cable and open Device Manager in your PC. Most probably, you will see your device (unknown device) with yellow exclamation mark under Portable Devices or Other Devices or ADB Interface or Android.
3. Right-click on it and select Update Driver Software
4. It will open a popup window with two options. Click on the ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ option.
5. In the next screen, click ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’ and then click the Next button.
6. In the next screen, click on “Android Device” option and click Next button
7. In the next screen, you will see all the ADB drivers installed on your PC. Select ‘Most compatible ADB interface’ or Android ADB interface’ and click the Next button to precede driver installation.
8. ADB Drivers for your device is now properly installed. To check this, connect your phone to the PC and open a command window inside the folder (
C:\adb\). To do so, press Shift key on your keyboard, right click on an empty space in the folder and select ‘Open command window here’ option.
9. Now type the below command and press enter
10. If your device is listed, it means proper adb driver for your device is installed on your PC.
That is all. Any doubt? Let me know it in the comment section below.