This one-click root method for Nexus 6 lets users root their Nexus 6 running on Android 5.0 Lollipop in no time. Here, we are using Chainfire’s popular CF-Auto-Root script for rooting Nexus 6. It is the easiest one-click root methods for Android devices, and even novice users can use it without any trouble. Also, it will keep the firmware as close to the stock firmware as possible.
Before you get start with rooting your Nexus 6 with CF-Auto-Root script, please note that this method will unlock your Nexus 6?s bootloader if it is locked, which means it will factory reset your device, so you need to back up your data first! In addition, this may void your device’s warranty as well.
Also, note that, CF-Auto-Root package will install the SuperSU binary and APK, as well as the stock recovery on your phone.
Note: Before you get start with rooting process, make a backup of your device’s data. This guide is for advanced users only. We will not take responsibility for anything that goes wrong.
Nexus 6 drivers installed on your computer
CF-Auto-Root zip files [Download from here]
1. Download the CF-Auto-Root zip file and extract the content on your computer.
2. Turn off your Nexus 6 and boot into bootloader mode. To do so, press and hold Volume (-) and Power buttons together for a few seconds.
3. Once you have entered into the bootloader mode, use Volume keys to navigate to the “Restart Bootloader” option and then select it using Power button.
4. Now, connect your Nexus 6 to your computer via original USB cable.
5. Now, run the CF-Auto-Root script as described below.
c) On Mac, open the terminal in the extracted contents directory and issue the command: ./root-mac.sh
Wait for the process to complete. The device will reboot automatically. To confirm the root, go to app drawer and check SuperSU is installed. Leave your views in the comment section below.