Samsung Galaxy S5 has physical (and capacitive) navigation keys instead of onscreen navigation keys. Most Android phones such as Nexus 5, Xperia Z2, HTC One M8, etc. are comes with onscreen navigation keys. Here is how to get onscreen navigation keys on Samsung Galaxy S5.
Though onscreen navigation keys are a waste of screen real estate, they are pretty cool. They will not stop working like the physical keys. Also, functions of these key can be reassigned as per our requirements.
It is extremely simple to get onscreen navigation keys on Galaxy S5, however your phone must be rooted and a root file explorer like ‘Root Explorer’ or ‘ES File Explore’ must be installed on it.
1. Open Root Explorer and go to /system.
2. Locate the file named build.prop and open it (long press the build.prop file and select ‘open in text editor’)
3. Go to the end of this file and add the below line there:
4. Reboot your phone. You should see the navigation keys appeared on the screen.
How to remove navigation keys from Galaxy S5
Now, if you feel bad with the onscreen navigation keys and want to remove it, just follow as describe below.
1. Open build.prop in the text editor.
2. Locate the line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
3. Change the value 0 to 1 or simply remove this line and reboot your phone.
Hope you will enjoy this trick. Leave your views in the comment section below.