Xiaomi Redmi 4X owners can now enjoy Android 7.1.2 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1 and its amazing features alongside stock Android UI. This is the first LineageOS build (unofficial) for Redmi 4X (santoni), so minor bugs are expected in this build. Interested Redmi 4X users can download and flash LineageOS 14.1 on their handset via TWRP custom recovery. Check out the step-by-step guide below.
By flashing LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat) on Redmi 4X, you can experience multi-window mode, enhanced notification system, data saver mode, night mode, one-handed mode, better battery life, latest security patches and more alongside LineageOS native features.
If you are not aware on how to install LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM on your Redmi 4X, then check out the guide below. However, since it is a custom ROM, you may experience some unknown bugs. If you are ready to face few issues, then install the ROM right away.
– Your device should have unlocked bootloader (visit official website here to unlock the bootloader).
– Latest version of TWRP recovery installed on the phone
– Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding
– Battery charge above 80% to prevent accidental shutdown while flashing
How to Install official LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) on Redmi 4X
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Boot your phone into TWRP (Hold Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously. Continue to hold both buttons until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release)
3. In TWRP recovery, select Backup and create a Nandroid backup (recommended).
4. Now, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to return to main menu, then select Install. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package. Once done, install Gapps zip file also.
7. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Any question? Leave it in the comment section below. (Source – XDA)